From Fearful to Fear Free A Positive Program to Free Your Dog from Anxiety, Fears, and Phobias
- Autor: DVM Marty Becker, DVM Lisa Radosta e outros
- Narrador: Sarah Mollo-Christensen
- Editora: Tantor Audio
- Duração: 9:14:44
Almost every dog owner has a pet who suffers from fear, anxiety, and stress (FAS). They are the underlying cause of many concerning behaviors such as excessive barking, aggression, destructive behaviors, and house-soiling. They are also the source for deterioration of the human-animal bond, and can make a trip to the veterinarian, pet groomer, or boarding facility miserable for pet and owner alike. Left untreated, these negative experiences can lead to devastating consequences and permanent damage. Unfortunately, many well-meaning owners misinterpret or overlook the often subtle signs of emotional injury and turmoil, or think that the pet will simply "outgrow" it. This leads to unnecessary trauma and suffering.
Common FAS triggers include:
- Trips to the veterinarian (even for routine services such as vaccinations and nail trims)
- Bath time, brushing, or cleaning ears
- Loud noises; thunderstorms; fireworks; the vacuum cleaner; construction; gunshots; or even buzzers on appliances
- Less-familiar people or animals encountered on walks or near the home
- Being left alone during work hours or even for short errands
- Travel, including car rides
Finally, there's help. From Fearful to Fear Free is based on the groundbreaking Fear Free program embraced by tens of thousands of veterinary healthcare professionals and hundreds of thousands of pet owners. This is the first and most authoritative book on the subject of reducing FAS and increasing "happy and calm" in dogs. Since pets communicate nonverbally, this book will help you recognize if your pet is suffering from FAS. By knowing your dog's body language, vocalizations, and changes in normal habits, you can make an accurate diagnosis and take action to prevent triggers or treat the fallout if they do happen.
- The most effective prescription sedatives for keeping dogs calm and happy during thunderstorms, fireworks, and other stressful events.
- The positive steps you can take to keep your pet occupied, calm, and content while you're away at work or play.
- Simple, practical tactics for helping your dog learn to love going to the veterinarian's office-literally pulling you into the practice instead of avoiding it!
- How to easily groom your dog and give him medication. Tips to tame the chaos when guests arrive in your home or when your dog encounters other dogs and people on walks.
- Ways to tackle some of the common behavior issues that often have a root cause of FAS, while also improving your communication and bond with your pet.
The three veterinary co-authors and one highly respected pet trainer have a combined 88 years of experience in the trenches of veterinary medicine, with specialties in behavior and training. By using their cutting-edge techniques, you'll have pets that are happier, healthier and live a longer, fuller life.
Chapter 0Duração: 10min
Chapter 0 Part 1Duração: 36min
Chapter 1 Part 1Duração: 38min
Chapter 2 Part 1Duração: 38min
Chapter 3 Part 1Duração: 28min
Chapter 4 Part 1Duração: 55min
Chapter 5 Part 1Duração: 31min
Chapter 6 Part 1Duração: 37min
Chapter 7 Part 1Duração: 32min
Chapter 8 Part 1Duração: 24min
Chapter 9 Part 1Duração: 45min
Chapter 10 Part 1Duração: 33min
Chapter 11 Part 1Duração: 20min
Chapter 12 Part 1Duração: 32min
Chapter 13 Part 1Duração: 35min
Chapter 14 Part 1Duração: 13min
Chapter 15 Part 1Duração: 17min
Chapter 16 Part 1Duração: 22min